2.1.09

happy new year!!

ok, so i need to back up to thanksgiving. it was pretty low-key. brandon and i ran an 8k that morning...in order to eat as much as possible in the afternoon. the race was hilly...and it was extremely cold...but it helped me feel better about all the food i was about to eat! we spent the afternoon with friends. here are a few pics taken before the race...






i decorated for christmas right after thanksgiving. just a little charlie brown tree..and lots of tinsel!!





one of my classmates, holly, is a figure skater and so a few of us went to her christmas program to show our support...
me, kristen, holly, alex, jacob, brooke...right after the show.

holly and me...after the show...at the bar.

for christmas i travelled home to michigan. the weather was far from pleasant and therefore i ended up having to stay overnight in the detroit airport. and then had to fly into marquette instead of escanaba...and of course, my luggage did not follow. oh well, it could have been worse! it was a great christmas none-the-less...although not complete since nicholas, joshua, elisha, and christian were not present :( hopefully we can all be together next year! there was lots of food, drinks, games, and snow!!
me...stuck in the detroit airport.

snowshoeing.

dad snowshoeing.

the view...snowshoeing.

the cabin.

dad...still snowshoeing.

dad.

me..snowshoeing...at the cabin.

dad and me.

dad and me...again.


brandon and michael.

becky and courtney.

becky, tristan, brandon, michael, courtney...after church on christmas eve.

tristan...helping grandma bake a pie...

tristan.

snow angel!



frosty and tristan.

me, frosty, tristan.

a little monkey.

tristan and cousin cole.

aunt gail and grandma s.

seesters. aunt sally, aunt gail, mom.

annual girls mini-reunion. chrissy, kristin, michelle, me, brooklyn, & grant.

kristin, me, chrissy, michelle.

michelle, me, brooklyn, grant. (see, i like babies!)

me and grant.
new years was spent at the pelletiers' home. i was finally able to meet the beautiful ava! they had a low-key gathering of neighbors...there were drinks, snacks, and some wii tennis tournaments. it was a great way to bring in the new year!
amy, craig, and ava.

me and ava partying it up!!

the boys playing tennis doubles.

ava and her daddy.

tristan sledding.

grandma helping tristan sled.
101 things update...
*i finished #2...by reading eclipse and breaking dawn...both by stephenie meyer. i'm obsessed with the twilight series!! read all 4 books (in record time for me!), saw the movie twice, bought the soundtrack....what's wrong with me?!
*i've officially signed up for the greensboro marathon. it's may 2nd. hopefully i can run it under 4:45. i've also signed up for the shamrock half marathon in va beach.
*#45...snow angel!
....i have A LOT more to go...ugh.

No comments: